Saturday, August 29, 2009

Movie Recs

I watch a fair amount of movies and unfortunately forget them very quickly. Here are a few I watched this week that haven't yet exited the grey mass:

"Let the Right One in" - non-traditional treatment of a vampire's quest to live in modern society, two thumbs up

"Party Monster" - based on true story of drug addicts known as Club Kids in late 80s/early 90s NYC, one thumb up because the movie seemed to assume you knew the details of the case (or at least read the Wiki entry), which I didn't. There is an impossibly annoying website as well.

"Night at the Museum" - this was pretty much what I thought it would be. Ben Stiller is a continuous cycle of hits and misses for me but the hits (scene with monkey slapping face) are worth it, one and a half thumbs up

No comments: