Thursday, September 4, 2008

Real Pitbulls Don't Wear Lipstick

I'm just sayin'.

Sarah Palin's speech to the RNC last night needs a leetle fact-checking. In it, she claimed she said 'No thanks' to the Bridge to Nowhere. Eh, not so much. She said Obama would raise taxes on Americans. Yeah - those Americans who make a quarter of a million per year or more - the same ones who've been getting tax cuts during the Bush years (cuts which McCain wants to make permanent). Most of us would see lower taxes under Obama's plan.

Palin claimed she stands up to big oil. Right. That's why the crowd was chanting "Drill baby, drill". Palin wants to drill baby, drill in ANWR. Palin claimed she says No to federal earmarks. She neglected to mention her annual trips to Washington D.C. to get all the pork she could carry back to Alaska.

For me, the most outrageous line in the speech was actually accurate. Palin cited a continuing threat from Al-Qaeda and said Obama is worried they won't be read their rights. Um, yeah - me too. If we are to uphold habeas corpus and other bits from that United States Constitution thingy that George W. Bush has deemed irrelevant, we need to read even the most heinous of prisoners their rights. If we are to uphold the traditions of compassion, humanity and fairness that the majority of Americans believe in, we need to interrogate prisoners without torturing them. If we are to have any hope for the future of this great country, we need to abandon the evils perpetrated by the Bush administration and one of his strongest supporters - John McCain, and come back into the light.

Governor, I know some Pitbulls. They are honest, loyal and loving. Pitbulls are friends of mine. Governor, you're no Pitbull.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, YesBiscuit! Cool blog!

I think she's a rude, nasty human being. I won't say she's a redneck. I really got hammered for using that word on "another forum." I will use my dictionary's definition of redneck. She's narrow-minded, provincial person of conservative bent. And obviously, we can add liar to the list.

Best to you,
Arlo

PS - I do not see this as a gender issue. I feel the same way about Rush Limbaugh.

YesBiscuit! said...

Thanks for stopping by Arlo. I agree, it's not about gender. Heck, N.O.W. doesn't support Palin. 'Nuff said!