Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Horror Film Classics: Sometimes They Call Back

So my parents just did something they'd never done before in their lives - they called one of their Senators. Joe Lieberman to be exact. They each called and told his office they want him to support the President's health care reform bill with a strong Public Option. I got the phone number for them and I gave them a script of what to say (at their request, they were nervous). My Dad copied down the script and then they each called. They called me afterwards, so proud of themselves. Then a few minutes later, my Mom calls me again. She wanted to share that after we last hung up, their phone rang and my Dad asked my Mom in all sincerity, "God but you don't think that's Joe Lieberman, do you?!" My Mom and I just about fell out.

1 comment:

Dr. Zaius said...

Ha! That's awesome! :o)